The NFEC is active on many fronts. They include:
- attending Riverhead and Southold Town meetings to keep the public on top of current issues
- meeting with local, county, state and federal elected representatives to discuss concerns and solutions
- working with and supporting civic associations, other environmental organizations and coalitions
- identifying key leaders and messengers through the NFEC environmentalist award programs
- sponsoring informational programs on critical issues
- producing children’s educational programs
- generating greater awareness of what makes the North Fork special and the threats against it through events such as Bike What’s Left!, Hike What’s Left!, Photo What’s Left! and Paddle What’s Left!
- publishing a periodic newsletter, North Fork Views – Snapshots, as well as email alerts and social media postings regarding local issues and events
Our dedicated officers and directors are passionate about their work and the place they call home. They work year round to look out for the interest of all residents, businesses and tourists in protecting what we all hold so dear.
Sometimes, regional issues have great import in our towns. That’s why our officers and directors also attend meetings island wide and upstate with elected officials as well as county, state and federal agencies.
And with each meeting, we bring what’s learned back to you, our members and supporters, to help you make informed decisions on critical proposed programs and legislation.
Where We Are Active
Learn more about how we are helping in the following locations.